Have you ever had extended writer’s block? How long did it last? What did you do to break out of it, and do you have tips for other bloggers?
Yes! Haven’t we all suffered a small case of what-the-heck-nothing-is-coming-out-of-this-pen
, although there’s a million things running through your head? Sadly, this has happened far too many times, but thankfully, I pull myself out of the funk.
Here are few things I do to pull myself out of the writer’s block funk:
- Walk away, sometimes you just need a little breather.
- READ A BOOK. Reading a book helps me to become inspired, as well as I’m able to just get lost in another world 🙂
- Live life. Let life inspire you.
- Go outside. There’s something calming about the great outdoors. Sitting on the beach is one of the most calming luxuries I’m thankful for.
- Get caffeinated. A nice cuppa joe does wonders! Hemingway, said, “Write drunk, edit sober.” Since, coffee is my vice, I’m quite sure Hemingway would approve.
- Just write. Writing helps me… I know that sounds weird, but it’s true.
What do you do to shake off the writer’s block funk?
© 2014, Dean @Mrs. AOK, A Work In Progress. All rights reserved.